St. Francis de Sales Parish was established in 1860. It was originally named St. Wilfrid’s, but the name was changed upon the opening of the new church in 1871. It was reduced to a mission parish of the local churches in 1914 and was resurrected as a full-fledged parish with a resident pastor in 1942.
In 1997 plans began for the construction of a new church. On Sunday, July 30, 2006, the new St. Francis de Sales Parish was dedicated by Cardinal Aloysius Ambrozic, Archbishop of Toronto.